Thursday 29 October 2015

Reflection

It was 7 years ago today that I was told that almost certainly I had breast cancer and it was expected that the pathology results would confirm this. Exactly one week later they did. And life hasn't been quite the same since.

I remember reading someone who said that it feel that life breaks into a million pieces and when you put them back together again they don't quite fit together in exactly the same way (I've paraphrased that, I think, but that was the gist of it!).  And that is just it.  Life is back together and life is good, but it is just, well, somehow different.

As I enter my season of anniversaries and appointments I will be glad to put the triteness of Pink October behind me and move into November.  Not that October has been all that pink for me as I've managed to avoid it in "real" life, but I will be glad to get back to a more sensible twitter feed.  I have been a bit saddened that a charity of whom I'd thought better has put out such a constant stream of pink trivia.

It has been a lovely golden autumn where I live with a good many sunny days and today's drive to work through the falling golden leaves and tunnels made from yellow trees was absolutely beautiful.  Add to that an airshow or two, some walking and a freezer full of sloes, and October has been pretty good!

Early November brings the NCRI Cancer Conference and with it the positivity of seeing the cancer research community coming together, presenting their research and seeking opportunities. The real work of looking for prevention of and treatment for cancers.

So as I head towards November, I'll bring October to a close with my product nomination - the Pink Scratch card.

No comments:

Post a Comment